poniedziałek, 6 maja 2013

Two country's in two weeks has been busy. On the 18th of April, a couple of the other volunteers and I escaped to the good weather in Budapest. Unfortunately while packing I was anticipating similar weather to Warsaw and ended up having to buy shorts, it was so hot. Although, we were hardly complaining and were more excited to finally have some heat. We had a jam packed weekend trying to fit in all the sites of Budapest. We climbed Buda hill, walked through the Castle, climbed, crawled and slid through the caves in the hills (conquering the 'Sandwich of Death'), took a free walking tour - learning about Hungarian history, relaxed in the thermal baths, soaked up the sun and got sun burnt. I did take a jacket just in case. However, only needed it once I landed back in Warsaw.
 
For the holidays, I spent a very enjoyable week in Slovakia with my hosts. We hiked through the beautiful Tatra Mountains, relaxed in the thermal baths, took a day trip to the tourist-packed Zakopane and walked through the old streets of the local towns. We had weather from all seasons. The snow was still lying around in the mountains on the first day while the sun was shining. We sweated in the sun in Zakopane and hiked through the rain, thunder and lightning on another day in the mountains. I love hiking in the mountains at home but don't go as often as I should so I thoroughly enjoyed this week away.
 
I hope everyone in well rested after the break and I'll see you all back at school this week.

Amber:)

Brak komentarzy:

Prześlij komentarz