środa, 17 października 2012


It's hard to believe that I've been in Poland for more than a month now, but having just wrapped up Week 5, that is in fact the case...

We had another fun week at school with the kids - spending time revising my presentation on America from last week, learning about the US flag, and ending the week with an introduction to Columbus Day.  I think - or at least hope! - that the students are enjoying our interactive lessons and the break from normally-structured English classes.  I'm certainly having fun with all of them!

 
Rather than jet-setting off for another weekend traveling adventure, this past weekend I chose to stay in Warsaw for some rest, relaxation...and further exploration of the city!  I started with a historical walking tour of Old Town and the former Jewish Ghetto on Friday. 


The walking tour group outside the Warsaw Royal Palace


Although I have seen many of the buildings and monuments we passed before, Michal - our fabulous tour guide - told us the COMPLETE history of each sight, beyond anything I have learned thus far in Poland.  It was an extremely informative day, setting my perspective on how MUCH history Warsaw really has...


Saturday and Sunday were very relaxed.  I spent some time with my host family - playing an unimaginable number of games of "memory" with Kasia and Maciek - and enjoying some much needed time at the gym.  These past few weeks have not been kind to my waistline :)

 

Until next time,

Allyson

Brak komentarzy:

Prześlij komentarz