środa, 21 listopada 2012


After a fantastic weekend in Wroclaw, I decided to “lie low” this week and weekend -- spending some quality time in Warsaw.

 

Well…at least mostly in Warsaw!

 

This week was my first week of teaching with the older kids at Warsaw 306 – and I REALLY enjoyed it!  It’s amazing to me how vastly improved the 4th, 5th and 6th graders’ English is compared to that of their younger counterparts.  Looking back on my childhood, it would have been awesome to be able to speak a second language at ten years old as well as these students speak English!

 

Since this was my first week on the 2nd floor, I reverted back to the “Life in America” presentation as an introduction to me and the USA.  Just as the younger classes did before them, everyone got really into the lesson...amazing me – yet again – with how much they know about the US!  I can already tell that I’m going to really enjoy teaching these kids.

 

After a fun “first week” I opted to stay in Warsaw for the weekend – save a day trip to Kazimierz Dolny with one of my Lattitude friends, Maddy, on Friday.  Kazimierz Dolny was beautiful, but the foggy and drizzly weather prevented us from taking in the full “feel” of the city.  Nonetheless, Maddy and I had fun perusing the many art galleries, wandering along the banks of the Vistula, and eating the BEST Polish food I’ve ever tasted at a local restaurant.



Maddy and Me in the Kazimierz Dolny market square.

The remaining weekend activities were pretty “status quo” – I saw a movie, shopped for appropriate Polish winter gear, etc. – albeit in much lower temperatures!  Winter is quickly approaching and I’m anxious to feel what -20°C will feel like.

 

Until next time,

Allyson

Brak komentarzy:

Prześlij komentarz