poniedziałek, 26 października 2015

I did origami with the older students this week, and Canada with the younger students!  Some students dreaded an attempt at a paper crane, but others were so excited it made every class a success.  It was so much fun; I felt like an actual instructor! It was a great exercise in listening and understanding.  
On Friday I went out to dinner with some other volunteers.  We all had pierogi, and none could possibly complain.  It was delicious.  

On Saturday, I went to Krakow with my host family.  We visited St Mary's Basilica: it was one of the most spectacular and intricate places I've ever been.  In Canada, we don't have any architecture like that, so it was shockingly beautiful to me.  We also went to Wawel castle, and walked around the cathedral.  But the cathedral was stunning, and also massive.  We then went to the Market in the main square, and I picked up some more gifts for family and friends back in Canada: one of my favourite things to do.


Natalie:)

Brak komentarzy:

Prześlij komentarz