poniedziałek, 12 października 2015

This week at the school I did a presentation about Canada.  It was really fun, and the students enjoyed it as well.  They all like how Canadian money is made of plastic, and unable to rip.  I also did origami with the younger students, which was a blast!  It was a great challenge of dexterity and comprehension, all wrapped up in English.  

In my free time I met up with one of the other volunteers at Zlote Tarasy for a bit of mosying about.  We ended up having an hour-long conversation with a very nice man from Australia.  We are learning how differently "meeting people" works when you live somewhere that operates in a language foreign to your own.  We able to catch up with some of the other volunteers, and that was definitely well-needed.  We sat at a table for a few hours just sharing stories of the past couple weeks we haven't seen one another!  A few of us wandered to a Costa Coffee and continued our catch-up over some delicious hot chocolates and cheesecake. Mmmm!



On Sunday I went for a walk with my host mother and her little baby to a forest by our house.  I was expecting trails, but we went through a side-entrance and ended up on some dirt bike trails--with a stroller!  But it turned out that a fun roller coaster ride was just what the baby needed to cheer up.
Natalie:)

Brak komentarzy:

Prześlij komentarz