niedziela, 8 lutego 2015

Week 2 (First week of work)

In some ways, it's been a busy week. In others, not so much. This week was my first at Warsaw 306 with the lovely Beata (I couldn't ask for a better mentor!). Truthfully, I didn't start until Wednesday and of course I don't work Fridays so it was quite a short week for me. That being said, on Wednesday and Thursday I had the opportunity to meet the wonderful staff and students of my new school. The range of English abilities at the school is wide, and I must admit I was really impressed by how strong some of the Third Graders are. I was interested to see that students quite often left out the articles in their English, but of course articles don't exist in Polish so it's to be expected!

On the social front, I've been seeing various friends most days and on Friday all of the Warsaw volunteers caught up which was brilliant. Unfortunately, I came down sick over the weekend so didn't do anything particularly interesting on Saturday or Sunday. Nonetheless, I'll be back on my feet soon, ready to work with the kids this week and then head off the Krakow this weekend where I'll be staying in a twelve-bed mixed dorm room for the first time (little bit nervous!).
Jessica:)

Brak komentarzy:

Prześlij komentarz