środa, 18 marca 2015

Blog Week 7

Last week was quite a quiet week. To begin with, I ran the Jeopardy lessons with most of the classes on Monday and Tuesday (I think this has been my favourite activity so far, with many of the kids becoming incredibly competitive!). With the Grade 3's, however, I had much delight in introducing , and together with Beata, teaching them the 'Happy Little Vegemite' song. This is the jingle from a famous, old Australian advert for Vegemite (which is much like the English Marmite). It took the kids a while but eventually they picked up the lyrics and the tune and I cannot wait to film them performing it next week! Thursday saw my classes either creating Didgeridoos (Indigenous Australian instruments) or doing a describing activity with plasticine where they had to make monsters that either I or a peer described. For both activities the kids' creativity was evident and their interpretations of Aboriginal art and imaginary monsters was very entertaining. 

I stayed in Warsaw over the weekend in an attempt to save money, but all the other volunteers from around Poland came here so we still had a great time. On Thursday night, we visited a vegan burger shop not far from Centrum and it was amazing! I loved it so much I'm planning on going back this weekend, and maybe every weekend after that... 

Thought the weather over the weekend wasn't fantastic, the start of last week and now the start of this week have been been beautiful. I've been missing the sunshine for weeks and now Spring is here (hopefully to stay) I feel so positive and even slightly less homesick!

Jessica:)

Brak komentarzy:

Prześlij komentarz