niedziela, 25 marca 2012

This weekend I went to Dublin! for Saint Patrick's day with some of my friends from the Lattitude program. We stayed in a nice hotel in Lepardstown which was about 20 minuets by tram away from Dublin City Center. The first night I just looked around Dublin with Caitlyn while everyone else went to the Guinness brewery. We bought some T-shirts and fun things to wear for Saint Patrick's day! All green stuff obviously ;)! Some of the things we bought included a cute little hat with a clover on it and some feathers and a little green tutu with clovers on it. On the second day in Dublin ( Friday march 16th) we went around and looked at the Dublin castle and st Stephen's Green Park as well as the University! Where lucky for me, got to see the book of kells. Both were extremely beautiful. It was nice to see some of Dublin's culture and history! On Saturday March 17th was saint Patrick day! Where Caitlyn and I dressed up in green and went to the Saint Patrick's day parade, which was pretty awesome to watch. I loved going to Dublin and would love love love to go back! maybe one day i will go back! 
Betty:)

We were given the entire week off this week. In this time we went to the gym and started preparing for Dublin. ☺ The gym proved to be lots of fun as we are taking all the classes in Polish (which means we have no idea what the are saying).
Dublin was such a beautiful place. It was great to see everything covered in green. However it rained most of the weekend. We did a lot of sight seeing. We visited the Dublin Castle, St Stephen’s green, Trinity College and some of the old cathedrals. I loved it all. We also got to see the St Patricks Day Parade. It was definitely not what I was expecting it had lots of weird looking dress ups and floats in the parade. It has been one of my favourite weekends by far and I am definitely going to miss Dublin!!!
Caitlyn:)


 

Brak komentarzy:

Prześlij komentarz